This online course introduces you to fine felt. You will be creating a fine felted scarf using technique of silk and fiber lamination with 3 D embellishment.
You also will receive a bonus how to create fine felted tassels and a PDF tutorial how to make a felted flower.
The course includes 13 videos, over 4 hours of information.
You will be learning:
- How to create a long scarf if you have just a standard size table.
- How to create a mosaic of colours using Margilan silk.
- A wool layout (herringbone style) which creates light felt and is popular in creation of felted garments.
- How to create straight edges using Alena Selezneva's technique.
- How to work with viscose creating beautiful combination of colour and texture effect.
- How to embellish your felt achieving 3D effect.
- Feltmaking methods suitable for creating fine felt. This will include working with a sander.
- As a bonus you will learn how to create a scarf with fine tassels and a few other embellishment techniques.
- At the end of this lesson you will be able to create at least two scarves of different designs following step by step instructions developing your skills further being part of closed support group.
Online Class: Fine Felted Scarf with 3D Embellishment Online Class
Lena sells Margilan Silk and viscose.
You will need:
- approximatelly 2 meters of rarefied Margilan silk;
- upto 100 grams of viscose. I recommend to buy 3 different colours;
- upto 100 grams of superfine merino wool
You have an unlimited access for the purpose of learning and creating. Please use the knowledge from the class to create and sell your products.
The class is a property of Lena Archbold - Textile Art & Design. You can not resell or teach the class.
I chosen YouTube unlisted to host my class as this is an universal platform and works in every country.
This product is non refundable. If you have issues to view this class, it could be due to your Internet connection. I make all the efforts to make sure the class can be accessed by all the customers who bought the product.