Botanical / Eco printing Workshop
Time & Location
About The Event
Weekend Botanical / Eco printing Course
It is suitable for complete beginners.
This course is designed for complete beginners or anyone who would like to learn eco printing printing, i.e. eco printing and medium printing.
During this course you will learn various techniques, such as:
- fabric preparation for eco printing;
- introduction to plants for eco printing;
- eco printing (botanical printing) – using various techniques;
- eco printing (botanical printing)– printing large pieces of fabric; and
- eco printing (botanical printing)– printing on garments.
Introduction to materials, mordants and plans. Printing on paper.
We will mordant paper, cotton and silk in preparation eco printing and natural dye.
You will be printing on paper trying simple eco printing techniques.
You then will be working with fabric, cotton, silk and linen.
You will first be working with samples, to build up a reference of different techniques.
You will learn how to achieve sharp print and printing on large pieces of fabric.
You will be experimenting further with various eco printing techniques and will be learning how to print on mordant and non mordant fabric. I learned majority of techniques to achieve sharp prints from Irit Dulman and very grateful to her for her knowledge and permission to teach her techniques in England.
You will work in a small group, with a maximum of six - eight students group.
By the end of the course students will have all the knowledge and skills needed to start eco printing at home. It is also the perfect time to experiment further with so many leaves and flowers around us.
Craft workshops - eco printing workshop - natural dye workshop, North East
The course includes:
1. Light refreshment;
2. Chemicals for printing;
3. Some tools to be used during the course;
4. Paper to print on;
5. Some cotton to print on
You will need to bring:
1. White fabric to print on: 1-2 m of silk, 1-2 m of cotton, t-shirt (optional), light felt (optional);
2. Old cotton sheets or muslin (2 meter).
3. Five 25 cm (not longer) wooden dowels, cut to length prior to class please. I will be supplying
during the classes, but to ensure all students have enough, then it is recommended to have own.
3. A flexible vinyl/pvc or rubber tubing/hose 160cm (will
allow you to roll fabric that is 140 cm wide). Tubing must keep its shape in boiling water for 60
minutes; test before the workshop if you are unsure. Please check with DIY shops.
3. latex gloves, apron.
4. Scissors, measuring tape, permanent marker, pad and pen, thin rope or strong string to tie the bundles.
5. A selection of foliage (leaves and flowers). Suggestions include, but are not limited to: maple,
smoke bush (leaves and blooms), sumac, geranium, chestnut, catalpa, citric geranium, ferns,
prunes, strawberry, blackberry, peony leaves, rose leaves, chestnut leaves, oak, eucalyptus and
any other you might like to try.
Materials are available to buy on a day to work during the workshop.
Please check my blog, https://www.lenaarchbold.co.uk/blog/eco-printing-course-painting-and-printing-with-leaves-flowers-and-even-weeds
- Full Price - £75, Deposit £35£35£350£0