Fri, 06 Jan|
Arts Centre Washington, UK
Option 1. Feltmaking Retreat with Diana Nagorna - The Full Experience
Join the world known textile, feltmlaing master a fashion designer Diana Nagorna for unique experience of from learning various felt embellishment techniques to creating fine felted coat and matching bag in a shape of a drop, one of Diana's signature and the best selling product.
Time & Location
06 Jan 2023, 09:00 GMT – 12 Jan 2023, 17:00 GMT
Arts Centre Washington, UK, England, Biddick Ln, Washington-UK NE38 8AB, UK
About The Event
Welcome to a feltmaking retreat with Diana Nagorna hosted by Lena Archbold. Together we will create an unforgatable experience exploring into the exciting world of feltmaking learning various feltmaking tecniques, creating a unique kimono jacket and then a matching bag in the style of a water drop, which is Diana's best seller. The retreat will take place from the 6th of January to the 12th of January in the North East of England, Biddick Ln, Washington-UK NE38 8AB, UK .
The full pricefor 7 days is £860 (approximatelly $980) Deposit of £100 to be paid to secure the place.
Pay in three installements:
1. Pay deposit of £100 and secure your place.
2. Pay £380 by 30th of November
3. Pay £380 by 30th of December
The programme will include:
6th of January 9.00 - 17.00 - One Day
Lets explore and experiment with feltmaking textures and make samples. This master class is suitable for both beginners and advanced feltmaking masters. You will learn how to make different types of embellishment for felt products. Exploring various techniques of felt textures and embellishment will give you a solid foundation, to apply them to various feltmaking products.
These techniques you learn are mainly for embellishment of fine and thicker felt. You will learn 5-6 techniques, making samples using different materials.
Material List for samples:
- Merino wool 18 microns
- Merino wool 16 microns, 21 microns
- Merino blends ( wool+ tussa silk) Coridale wool 28-32 microns
- Leftovers from different kind of wool.
- Fibers: viscose, muga silk, silk handkerchiefs.
- Fabrics: silk ponge, margilan silk, metallised silk, jersey with lurex.
7th of January 9am - 9th of January 17.00 - Three Days
Lightweight kimono coat. This workshop is suitable for people with basic felting experience. You will be able to modify basic pattern to suit your figure.
You will create a beautiful fine felted kimono coat applying embellishments you learned during Day One while making samples.
- Build a kimono coat pattern and modify it to your desired size.
- Create a consistent wool layout for a large product.
- Work with different fabrics and fibres.
- Create beautiful unique felt decors and designs for your felted products.
- Make smooth and neat felted edges.
- Work with a sander.
- Felt and fulling process of a large product.
Material List for a coat:
- Merino wool 19 - 23 microns (21 - 23 mic is better for this project) - 400 grams
- Fibers: viscose, muga silk, silk handkerchiefs. - 50 grams
- Materials to make resist - 250 cm x 90 cm
- Fabrics: silk ponge, margilan silk, metallised silk, jersey with lurex for decoration (optional)
- Margilan rarefied silk - 5 meters x 90 cm. Discount is available.
10th of January - Free Day. We will explore beautiful Durham City.
This day can be spent on your own or as a part of the group.
11th of January 9.00 - 12th of January 17.00
Bag in the shape of a water drop. Midi or Mini.
Learn how to make strong, high quality felt that does not pill and keeps its beautiful sculptural shape forever.
It is suitable for people with experience working with thicker and sculptured felt such as slippers and bags. However, if you do not have an experience working with structured felt, do not worry. You have two experienced masters to guide you through.
You can chose to create a mini or midi bag. You will learn to:
- Work with a template
- Make high quality sculptured felt
- Shape sculptured felt into a beautiful symmetrical felt
- Add decoration.
Material List for a bag
1. Wool 27-32 microns (Bergschaf wool) - 500 grams
2. Accesspsries for bag is $70 to be supplied by Diana and to be paid to Diana during the workshop
3. Optional: If you want to make a lining, then lining fabric materials.
1. Bubble wrap, 2 x 2 meters
2. Resist material for coat and bag - 4m
3. Water distribution device
5. Any other tools including roller.
7. olive oil soap
9. Rulers and masuring tape.
10. Small philips head scredriver.
Please let me know if you coming from another country and can not bring tools
What is included in the price:
Tution by Diana Nagorna and support by Lena Archbold
Day 1,2,3,4,6 and 7 lunches
Endless supply of tea and coffee
What is not included in price:
Materials, incl bag accesories.
Day 5 expenses associated with a day out to explore Durham city
The nearest airport and train station is Newcastle upon Tyne.
The nearest hotels are:
Holiday Inn - https://www.booking.com/Share-39LV2B
Please check T&C (https://www.lenaarchbold.co.uk/terms-and-conditions)
Max 12 people
Deposit, £100; Price, £860
Pay deposit of £100 to secure your place. The full price is £860 ($980). Deposit of £100 to be payed to secure the place. The rest amount to be paid in two installements by 30th of December.£100.00Sold Out
This event is sold out