Fri, 06 Jan|
Arts Centre Washington, UK
Option 2. Making Coat with Diana Nagorna
Join the world known textile, feltmlaing master a fashion designer Diana Nagorna for unique experience of from learning various felt embellishment techniques to creating fine felted coat.
Time & Location
06 Jan 2023, 09:01 GMT – 09 Jan 2023, 17:01 GMT
Arts Centre Washington, UK, Biddick Ln, Washington NE38 8AB, UK
About The Event
Welcome to a feltmaking master class with Diana Nagorna hosted by Lena Archbold. Together we will create an unforgatable experience exploring into the exciting world of feltmaking learning various feltmaking tecniques, creating a unique felted coat with beautiful embellishment.
The programme will include:
6th of January 9.00 - 17.00 - One Day
Lets explore and experiment with feltmaking textures and make samples. This master class is suitable for both beginners and advanced feltmaking masters. You will learn how to make different types of embellishment for felt products. Exploring various techniques of felt textures and embellishment will give you a solid foundation, to apply them to various feltmaking products.
These techniques you learn are mainly for embellishment of fine and thicker felt. You will learn 5-6 techniques, making samples using different materials.
7th of January 9am - 9th of January 17.00 - Three Days
Lightweight kimono coat. This workshop is suitable for people with basic felting experience.
You will create a beautiful fine felted kimono coat applying embellishments you learned during Day One while making samples. You will be able to modify basic pattern to suit your figure.
- Build a kimono coat pattern and modify it to your desired size.
- Create a consistent wool layout for a large product.
- Work with different fabrics and fibres.
- Create beautiful unique felt decors and designs for your felted products.
- Make smooth and neat felted edges.
- Work with a sander.
- Felt and fulling process of a large product.
Material List for a coat:
- Merino wool 19 - 23 microns (21 - 23 mic is better for this project) - 400 grams
- Fibers: viscose, muga silk, silk handkerchiefs. - 50 grams
- Materials to make resist - 250 cm x 90 cm
- Fabrics: silk ponge, margilan silk, metallised silk, jersey with lurex for decoration (optional)
- Margilan rarefied silk - 5 meters x 90cm. Discount is available.
1. Resist material for coat and bag
2. Water distribution device
4. Any other tools including roller.
6. olive oil soap
8. bubble wrap 2 m x 2m
Please let me know if you coming from another country and can not bring tools
Max 12 people
What is included in the price:
Tution by Diana Nagorna and support by Lena Archbold
Hand bag accessories value of 110 USD.
Day 1,2,3,4,6 and 7 lunches
Endless supply of tea and coffee
What is not included in price:
Day 5 expenses associated with a day out to explore Durham city
The nearest airport and train station is Newcastle upon Tyne.
The nearest hotels are:
Holiday Inn - https://www.booking.com/Share-39LV2B
Please check T&C (https://www.lenaarchbold.co.uk/terms-and-conditions)
Deposit, £50; Price, £600
Pay deposit of £50 to secure your place. The full price is £600 ($680). Deposit of £50 to be payed to secure the place. The rest amount to be paid by 12th of December.£50.00Sold Out
This event is sold out